Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Life 2: Promising New Beginnings

Here I am again, still no clue where.  Unfortunately, nothing gleaned from my previous incarnation about where the heck I am.

Its a different place though for sure.  It looks more like a rural farming community.  There are cottages and sheds, and the only buildings of note are a series of large long barns of some kind, and a cathedral.

I can see my breath, I wonder if its colder here?

I open the door to the first nearby house.  Water!  There are two water bottles, a can of soda, a rotten apple, and a damaged can of tuna.  I'm already thirsty, so I drink one bottle straight away.  I pocket the second one, take the tuna, and leave the apple.  No more thirst!

I search a few more houses with nothing of note.  I saw a pen, a pink baseball hat, and another battery.  However, my pockets are full of food and water, so I just leave them.  While searching the upstairs of a house, I hear a zombie growl and a gunshot that sounds close enough for it to matter to me.  I keep still and listen more... nothing.

When I come out, I don't see anything.  Very disconcerting.  I head into the cathedral.  I find a long sleeve red shirt that I put on right away as it seems cold.  I tear my old shirt into rags and pocket them.

The long barns seem be stalls for some kind of animals.  Pigs maybe?  What do I know, I am no farmer.  The first one has nothing in it, but the second one has treasures!!  I find a knit hat with a poofy ball on the end, some hunting pants with more pockets than my jeans, and a sweatshirt with more pockets than my long sleeve shirt.  I tear the long sleeve shirt to rags, and pocket them in my larger inventory.  Unexpectedly, I find a box of sugary cereal at the end of one of the barns.  Calories pay off big time in the zombie apocalypse.

Oddly enough, I have yet to see a zombie.

I check one more building, and I under a bed I find a pair of jeans.  In the pocket is a map of the area!  At least, I assume its a map of the area.  Looking at the map, I realize I am not even sure where I am.  There is a sign near the church pointing in different directions with town names and distances.  I wish I spoke Russian.  Hopefully tomorrow I can figure out where I am.  Fortunately, the house also yields a kitchen knife.  A meager defense, but probably better than my fists.

I ended the session here.  Time for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment