Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life 2: Unfortunate Surprise

When I logged on in the farm animal stalls building where I logged off, I was greeted with the sounds of zombie as the game loaded its polygons and textures.  Apparently, a zombie had spawned in literally right behind me since I had logged off.

What the heck?  OH SHIT!  There is a damn zombie hitting me in the back out of nowhere!  I NEVER EVEN SAW HIM COMING (technically her, I guess).

Well now I am sprinting.  I feel warm blood on my clothes.  I don't know where I am going, but I need to hide.  Surely this kitchen knife is no match for... MORE ZOMBIES!  Now two or three are chasing me!  KEEP RUNNING!  I run into a tiny guard house or something at the edge of the farm complex and close the door.  I take the shirt that I had previously torn into rags and bandage my wounds.

Here come the zombies.

"Hopefully this door will keep them out" is what I thought to myself as the zombie proceeds to walk directly through the closed door! (lol alpha release)  I scramble to get the door open as I apparently lack the quantum skills to move through solid matter.  I am bleeding again.

Now I don't know where I am running.  I have heard a few other zombies scream behind me.  I need to get out of this town.  My heart is pounding, I can barely catch my breath, and blood is literally dripping down my clothes.  The colors in the world start to fade a bit.

Im in the woods now, hoping that the cover of trees will conceal me from the zombies.  I apply another bandage to stop the bleeding, but I am still in bad shape.  I find a large fir tree and go prone at the base.  I shuffle around looking in the direction I ran, and I can see one zombie still coming.  It runs up to about 10 meters from my tree and then it just stands there.  Ironically, while waiting on the zombie and looking at landmarks around me and on the map I have, I determine my location.  I'm just North of a small town called Novy Sobor.

I keep still and wait.  Apparently zombies are really patient.  About 15 minutes (real life minutes) go by and nothing changes.  I try to crawl around the zombie, but it sees me.  I sprint away again and hide under another tree, but it just waits me out again.

"Well, do or die" I think.  I stand up, still feeling woozy, and the zombie comes at me.  I manage to dodge its blows for a while, hacking at it with my knife.  It rakes me, and I am bleeding again.  I dance around it slashing, and for a moment I think I've won when it falls to the ground.  This feeling passed though as it started to get back up again.  I resume slashing, and it resumes biting and raking.

Suddenly, I lose consciousness.

Whether it was blood loss or if the zombie just hit me enough I don't know.  I guess I ended up zombie food.

No comments:

Post a Comment